Bryce Resort offers a unique outdoor mountain top dinner series throughout the summer! From the champagne on the lift ride, to the five-course meal with a view of the Blue Ridge Mountains, it’s an experience not to be missed. Because each dinner has a specially prepared menu and theme, the prices will vary. A cash bar will be available throughout dinner.
The dinners will be held the 2nd Thursday of each month from June – October. Reservations are required.
June 9 – 6:00 PM
July 14 – 6:00 PM
August 11 – 6:00 PM
September 8 – 6:00 PM
October 13 – 6:00 PM
For more information visit Bryce Resort’s website. Call 540-856-2121 for reservations for dinner on the mountain. In the event of inclement weather, dinner will be moved inside to the Shenandoah Center or the Copper Kettle, depending on space.
Brycefest returns to Bryce Resort, Saturday, July 2, Noon – 10:00 p.m! This year, Brycefest will include a DJ, live music and a vendor village with crafts and specialty foods. There will be plenty of food and beverages available, including a buffet in the dining room Saturday evening. Reservations for the buffet are a must and the Copper Kettle will close at 4 to allow for buffet set up. The Copper Kettle will offer a limited menu until closing.
The day will cap off with a fireworks display at the top of the mountain which is not to be missed. Bring your blankets and chairs and enjoy the show.
BRYCEFEST SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
11:00 AM – 10:00 PM | Carter’s Hütte & Copper Kettle Open
12:00 PM – 4:00 PM | DJ Barkley
12:00 PM – 6:00 PM | Vendor Village Open
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM | Shenandoah Patio Grill Open
4:30 PM – 7:00 PM | Scott Kurt & Memphis 59
7:00 PM – 10:00 PM | Hackens Boys
9:30 PM | FIREWORKS
You may have noticed that the Copper Kettle is closed on Monday & Tuesday and that on weekdays, it does not open until 4. This leaves many visitors wondering “where do I eat at Bryce”? As Basye is a small town with only a few immediate options, we want to make sure that our guests are not surprised! Since all our units have full kitchens, one option is to plan ahead and bring supplies for your meals. But if that’s not your style, keep reading!
- The Shenandoah Center also offers many breakfast and lunch options. We recommend the breakfast burritos! It is typically open when the lift is turning.
- The Community Store offers coffee, bagels, pizza, made to order sandwiches and subs and more. (We also recommend their local bacon but that’s a separate blog post all to itself. Yum!). Located just outside the Bryce Resort at 1502 Orkney Grade, its new owner, Harvey, has done a great job renovating to meet the needs of visitors to the resort and locals alike.
- Freed’s Biscuits Co. has recently opened right here in Basye. Not only is it an amazing place to get a breakfast biscuit and really, really good coffee, they also have a full bar and lounge area downstairs. Don’t let the name fool you, Freed’s is for more than “just” biscuits. And keep an eye on their facebook posts for pop up hours.
- Bartolo’s in Mount Jackson offers excellent Mexican food and will even deliver (really!!!) for a $5 delivery fee. Dine in is also available. Mount Jackson is only 11 miles away. Closed Monday.
- Plan a visit to one of our nearby towns! Woodstock has several options you can combine with a hiking trip to Seven Bends State Park:
- Flour & Water is open Wednesday to Saturday (check their website for specific hours). They offer breakfast, lunch and specialty pizza nights!
- The Woodstock Garden Café is open Monday to Saturday from 8-3 and offers breakfast, lunch, coffee drinks and beer and wine.
- Las Trancas in Woodstock opens daily at 11 and offers excellent Mexican with both dine in and bar service!
- Likewise Mount Jackson, just 11 miles away, offers dining opportunities which can be combined with a visit to explore Shenandoah Caverns.
- The Curtain Call Café offers coffee, breakfast baked goods and lunch specials. (See for more information.)
- Bartolo’s, mentioned above, is also conveniently located in Mt. Jackson. Bartolo’s is open Tuesday through Sunday at 11 am.